|19 Sep 2018|
|From the Archives|
Until the completion of the Lower School Boarding project last year, Hill House was the last boarding house to the north of the school grounds and so close to the Hill down towards Curridge. Before that, Hill House was actually what now is Ancren Gate North so close to the hill down towards the south west.
HOUSEMISTRESSES AND HOUSEMASTER
1979 – 1984 Mr John Hudson & Mrs Sheila Hudson
1984 - 1997 Mrs Mary Moore
1997 - 2015 Mrs Frances Capps
2015 - 2018 Miss Annabel Brown
2018 - 2021 Claire Williams
2021 Acting, Hannah Pilgrim
2022 Anna Lister
The most northerly building in the school grounds, beyond Lower School Boarding and the old Hill House is Cancellor’s Cottage. This cottage is named after one of the two founders of the School of Silence from whom Miss Willis brought the current site.
Adela Marion Curtis and Lily Davison Cancellor established the School of Silence is 1907 for the purpose of studying the “Life and Words of Jesus Christ by the Way of Silence or Creative Meditation upon the Divine Word …”